Sunday 17 August 2008

CJ Cookies - Company Version

(Originally posted by Blest)

Yesterday was, I believe, the biggest live gathering of OWOA members, not counting when the Debs/Elly/Bekki clan meets. Leann and Kellie came over!  Because of time constraints, I did not get to feed them a meal (which is how I usually bribe people to visit me) but I did bake cookies!  Yup, that’s right. A gathering of losers and I bake cookies. I’m a baaaad girl. :razz:

But it’s okay! They were CJ’s cookies. Remember?

CJ’s Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/2 Cups Oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
3 tbsps chopped pecans (optional)
2 bananas
5 tbsps oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.  In another bowl, mash up bananas and mix in oil.  Add the wet to the dry and mix ‘em up!  Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 10-15 minutes.  Makes about 24

Only with a super yummy change!  I left out the cinnamon and added 1 tsp of vanilla (I always add vanilla to these now) and then I  grabbed a bar of dark chocolate out of the fridge. I broke off about half of it and chopped it up into tiny pieces.  I’d say it was probably about 1/2 cup of little bits.  I dumped that in along with the pecans.  Ohhhhhh boy oh boy were these GOOD! Too good, actually! I don’t think I would make them unless company were coming. As it is I was left with about 8 cookies to talk to me from the countertop. 

I’m just thrilled though.  My favorite cookie in the world is my oatmeal/chocolate chip Cowboy Cookies. (and they’re great - right Anita?)  But those are loaded with sugar and butter so I haven’t had them in a long time.  These new Chocolate CJ cookies will probably be my new holiday treat!

No comments: