Sunday 17 August 2008

Easy Broccoli

(Originally posted by Stephanie)

This is (right now) my all-time favorite quick veggie dish. I can eat the entire bowl by myself and not feel guilty, it is that good.

I use a medium sized microwaveable container (with a lid).

Dump in frozen broccoli.

Over the top of it, pat fat free butter or whatever spread you use per your particular diet plan. The last time I made it, I sprinkle it with Molly McButter and it worked just as well.

Next, sprinkle garlic salt, garlic powder, minced garlic (fresh preferably) - whatever you have. I have found that the dried diced minced garlic doesn’t work as well in this recipe, fyi.

Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove and stir. Replace in microwave and cook for another 4-5 minutes on high.

Remove and sprinkle with parmesan cheese; again, I’ve used both the powdered cheese and fresh, so whatever you have.

Stir and serve.

My favorite. I’ve been known (when pregnant) to make this, serve it for dinner, and then later in the evening go back and eat all the leftovers because I crave it. :)


No comments: