Sunday 17 August 2008

Roasted Veggies

(Originally posted by Tami)

I love to roast veggies. I don’t have a particular amount of anything, just throw in more or less of what I’m craving. 

Typically it consists of

1 each red and yellow pepper and a sweet onion

1/2 an eggplant

1/4 of a bunch of asparagus

I cut everything into bite size pieces and toss with some olive oil, red wine vinegar, and pepper.  I bake in a casserole dish at 425 until everything is warm and just beginning to soften…about 20 minutes.  Then I flip the oven to broil and let the veggies sit until they get as dark as I like.  My husband does not like the eggplant because it does get very soft…it’s a texture thing with him.  I love them because with the red wine vinegar it’s like candy to me.  Yummy sweet.

No comments: