Sunday 17 August 2008

Cream Cheese Dessert

(Originally posted by DebbieBoo)

Don’t ask me how it tastes ’cause I just found it in a recipe book and haven’t tried it yet. I don’t know if I’ll ever make it, actually. It’s exactly 200 calories a serving which sounds like a heck of a lot to me! But that was the calorie limit, right?

Ok, without further ado here’s the recipe straight from Quick & Healthy Recipes & Ideas by Brenda J. Ponichtera:

1 tub (12 oz) light cream cheese (room temp)
1 large box (1.4 oz) sugar-free vanilla instant pudding
3 cups skim milk
1 can (20 oz) light cherry filling*

In a small mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Beat on low speed to mix ingredients. Add cream cheese. Increase speed and beat until smooth and thickened. Pour into individual or large serving dish. Top with pie filling, and refrigerate.

Yield: 8 servings
One serving: 1/2 cup pudding mix
1/4 cup filling
Calories per serving: 200
Fat: 8 grams

*The cherry filling contains sugar and should be limited by people with diabetes.

If I ever do make it I’ll prob sub the pie filling for fresh or frozen fruit.

No comments: