Sunday 17 August 2008

Heavenly Lemon Mousse

Ok, so this is a recipe I got from South Beach Daily emails. (I signed up for them a long time ago, and I get an email every day, sometimes they’re just ads trying to get me to ‘do’ South Beach through the website, but they also send recipes and exercise ideas). I’ve never tried this recipe, but I thought I’d share it, so that if my current experiment which is taking place in the kitchen right now all goes to pot, I’ve still shared a dessert recipe with you! It has splenda in it, so I don’t know if it will count for the challenge, but hey.! (The tag at the beginning is what they said about it)

Who doesn’t enjoy a refreshing dessert to cap off a nice dinner? This delicious concoction certainly fills the bill!

Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup each)

Ingredients:
6 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
3/4 cup Splenda® or sugar substitute
1 tablespoon lemon peel (from 1 large lemon)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
1 1/2 cups South Beach Diet®-approved whipped topping

Instructions:
1. In medium stainless steel saucepan over medium heat, combine yolks, whole eggs, Splenda®, peel, and juice. Cook 4 minutes, whisking constantly, until thickened to a custard consistency.

2. Remove from heat; pour into medium bowl and refrigerate until cold (about 30 minutes). Just before serving, fold in whipped topping until combined and lightened. Spoon into serving bowls.

Nutritional Information:
136 calories
5 g protein
10 g carbohydrates
0 g fiber
8 g total fat (4 g saturated fat)
275 mg cholesterol
32 mg sodium

No comments: