Sunday 17 August 2008

Bekki's Black Eye Bean Burgers

This recipe is a sort of work in progress ‘cos I’m not completely happy with it, but I think this works.

1 tin of black eyed beans (black eye peas)

Half a red onion

Half a red pepper

Tabasco sauce

A beaten egg

Cayenne pepper

Preheat the grill. (Now I’ve never sure of the US translation of the UK grill. Broiler maybe?)
Chop the onion and pepper finely (I use a mini food processor).

Chop/mash the beans with a fork or the same mini food processor.

Mix the beans, onion, pepper, some Tabasco and cayenne pepper.

Add enough beaten egg to make the mixture stick togther.

Form into cakes and grill until browned.

Serve with salad and something tomato-ey.

Makes 4 burgers. I usually cook all 4, eat 2 for dinner and eat the other 2 cold, crumbled up in salads.

No comments: