Sunday 17 August 2008

My Yummy Oatmeal

(Originally posted by Stephanie)

So ever since I was little and we’d go to the fair I’d always get the roasted almonds that were roasted and carmelized in cinnamon and sugar. So. Stinkin’. Good.

Take a good thing and turn it into something that isn’t so bad for you and Bam, here you have my oatmeal that I’ve learned to LOVE.

  • 1/4c steel cut oats
  • 3/4c water
  • 2tsp splenda (or sweeten to taste)
  • 1 heaping tbsp Almond butter (all natural preferred)
  • 1/4-1/2tsp vanilla extract
  • 1tsp cinnamon (more or less to taste here too)

I’ve been using McCann’s quick and easy steel cut Irish Oatmeal. (can someone teach me how to make links on here?) make according to direstions, well, bring 3/4c water to a boil, stir in oats, reduce, cover, cook stir regularly for 5-7min. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together remaining ingredients. When oats are finish add to nut mixture, blend well, adjust to taste, eat. Enjoy!

I really love this stuff! I hope you guys try it and like it as much as I do. :)

No comments: