Sunday 17 August 2008

Feta, Cucumber, & Radish Salad

(Originally posted by Tami)

This was such a great twist on the normal cucumber salad!  It is from the South Beach Quick and Easy cookbook.

2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and sliced

1 1/2 cups halved and thinly sliced radishes

1/4 cup fresh minth leaves, thinly sliced (optional)

2 tablespoons minced red onion

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

2 teaspoons red wine vinegar

5 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)

salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine cucumber, radishes, mint (if using), onion, oil, and vinegar in a large mixing bowl.  Gently toss in the feta, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.

 

Okay, I forgot the mint although I had bought some and I didn’t seed the cucumbers…too much work.  I also mixed it and put it in the fridge for a couple hours and this was SO tasty.  I had some with breakfast.

No comments: