Sunday 17 August 2008

Jerked Pork - Crockpot Style

(Originally posted by Blest)

I did some jerk in the crockpot this week and it turned out full of flavor!

Here’s the marinade first - it’s great on chicken too!

Jerk Marinade

  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions - white and green parts
  • 4 habaneros or 6 jalapenos (stems removed and cut in halves. Remove seeds for less heat)
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsps olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp salt
  • pinch of garlic powder

Mix it up in the food processor.  Marinate  chicken or pork for hours and hours and grill!

Now what I did in the crockpot was very simple. I used 2 pork loins - because I had two from Sam’s Club that needed to be cooked. You could just do one though - or use a different cut of pork.  But pork loins are nice and lean.  I trimmed off the visible fat, put the meat in the crockpot, poured the marinade on and….turned on the crockpot.  I only cooked it on high for about 4 hours because I had to go somewhere. But I would rather cook it all day so it fell apart really well.

No comments: