Sunday 17 August 2008

Stevia Banana Bread

(Originally posted by Brandi)

I got this recipe off of a Yahoo group a long time ago and just tried it tonight. It was delicious!

(Isn’t my hubby the best photographer? ;-) )
Stevia Banana Bread

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2/3 C. melted butter (I used 1/3 C oil and 1/3 C applesauce. I like the texture, but it’s not as moist as it would be with more fat.  (Or even with solid fat like butter.)  It just depends on how much fat you want to use and how moist you need it to be.)
1 C. mashed bananas
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C. wholewheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp stevia concentrate powder (I used 3/4 tsp. and it was plenty.)
1/2 C. chopped nuts

How to Prepare:
Combine eggs, butter, bananas, milk and vanilla. In another bowl combine remaining ingredients, then add banana mixture to it. Mix until moistened. Pour into greased 9X5 loaf pan and bake in a pre-heated oven of 350 for 50-60 minutes.

I will experiment with different flours like oat and even whole oats. Right now I am very happy I found a sugar-free banana bread recipe that I like. Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Omnivore said...

I'm just discovering the joys of stevia and I really like the idea of this bread! Did it have an aftertaste at all?