Sunday 17 August 2008

Fried BROWN Rice

(Originally posted by DebbieBoo)

This will count as the recipe involving a main ingredient that starts w/ the first letter of my name here (I’m using “Boo” in this instance). I posted this at my blog a couple of months ago:

Easy Fried Rice

This recipe is a variation of one I found at All Recipes. It’s hard for me to write up a recipe since I throw things together and season as I see fit, never measuring. But I’ll give it a try!

INGREDIENTS
* 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 2 T vegetable oil
* 2 T soy sauce
* 3 green onions and tops, chopped
* 1/2-1 cup frozen peas or snap peas
* 1/2-1 cup fresh cut string beans (I usually boil these a bit first)
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 4 cups cold cooked brown rice
* 3 tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce (I used an organic one w/ garlic & ginger)
* Salt, pepper and garlic to taste.

DIRECTIONS

1. Cut chicken into thin strips.
2. Heat oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken, green onions , and soy sauce. Stir-fry 3 minutes, or until chicken is nearly cooked. (I always add seasonings in this step and may had more later, after the rice has been added to the meat.)
3. Add veggies. Cook 3-5 minutes more.
4. Add eggs; cook, stirring gently, until firm. Stir in rice and cook until heated through.
5. Add teriyaki sauce; remove pan from heat. Stir mixture until well mixed. Serve immediately.

I know it’s not true fried rice, but it’s still yummy. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: