Saturday 16 August 2008

Needs a name . . .

(Originally posted by Blest)

Okay. So. I took an 8×8 dish, greased it with olive oil, and put half of an eggplant, sliced in 3/4 inch rounds on the bottom.  I then drizzled a little olive oil on the eggplant and seasoned with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs. Plus I sprinkled on 1 Tbsp of Parmesan.

This I baked at 450 degrees until it smelled good. (highly technical - I know)

I then topped it with 1/4 cup of pizza sauce (a no sugar variety of course), and a light sprinkle of mozzarella.  Then I added roughly chopped portobello mushrooms and strips of roasted red bell pepper (from a jar).  A Tbsp or two more of pizza sauce, then about 1/2 cup of mozzarella, and some more Parmesan to top.

Bake until “warm and squdgy”.

Ohhhhhh man was this good. 

Eating the whole thing- which I barely managed not to do - would still not be a ridiculous amount of calories.  But I would think t’would be better to split it with someone and have a side salad! :wink:

No comments: