Sunday 17 August 2008

Myth Busting

‘Tis true. It really does hurt when you get chili in your eye.

This I discovered while making Dal last week. I’d scrubbed my hands really well after cutting up the chilies and it must have been over an hour later when I touched my eye. I think it felt funny so I sort of rubbed harder, as you do, and then it began to sting. All of a sudden I remembered I’d been cutting chilies earlier and hurried to a mirror to survay the damage. My eye was very red and watery and was stinging quite a lot. Luckily we have an little eye bath handy in the bathroom and after several rinses it felt a lot better.

I guess the real point of this post is to recommend eating Dal (you should be able to click over on the link to Kalyn’s Kitchen where I found the recipe) and to stop any of you from ever feeling the need to test out the chili in your eye experience. (I’ve been watching a lot of ‘Myth Busters’ lately, which was probably the inspiration for this post! :-) )

No comments: