Saturday 16 August 2008

Edamame with Scallions & Sesame

(Originally posted by Blest)

There is one problem with this recipe…it’s ADDICTIVE!!  Or at least for me! We had this as a side dish with something…. I can’t remember what.  The yumminess of the edamame eclipsed all else.  And I loved it as much or more the next day. I didn’t even heat it! Just munched the leftovers right out of the container for a tasty, high protein snack!

  • 1 bag (12 ozs) frozen shelled edamame
  • 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1/2 C water
  • 1 1/2 tsps sesame oil
  • 1 tsp canola oil (I used olive)
  • dash of hot pepper sauce (optional)
  • 2 Tbsps finely chopped scallions
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper

 Bring the edamame, soy sauce, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes, or until tender. If any liquid remains, cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated.

Remove from the heat. Stir in the sesame oil, canola oil, hot-pepper sauce, scallions, and black pepper.

Makes 4 servings  140 calories, 6 g fat, 10 g protein, 11 g carbs, 430 mg sodium

A Phase One recipe from The South Beach Cookbook 

Note: I’m a ninny who didn’t notice that the recipe said shelled edamame. But then, Wal Mart only had unshelled anyway. I made this recipe using the shelled and it was still great!

No comments: